Alesis QX49 49-key Velocity-sensitive USB MIDI Keyboard Controller
The Alesis QX49 USB MIDI keyboard controller is the cure. We all have control issues, especially when we're wrestling with our DAWs and virtual instruments. The QX49 comes to the rescue with an ergonomic, control-encrusted command surface and 49 synth-action keys. Eight sliders, eight knobs, four backlit drum pads, transport buttons, pitch and mod wheels, and and an LCD screen that let you control your sessions without constant mousing. The QX49 even gives you MIDI I/O to control additional hardware. Powerful, compact, lightweight, and affordable, the Alesis QX49 is your MIDI keyboard that could save you thousands in therapy.
We found a great review for this product by David Wallimann:
Alesis QX49 USB MIDI keyboard controller at a Glance:
The Alesis QX49, with its 49-note keyboard, is ideal for two-handed performing - while remaining portable. The QX49 gives you a bevy of controls, including pitch and mod wheels, octave up/down buttons, and the facility to send program changes right from the keys. The keyboard can even be split into sections to control multiple instruments simultaneously.
You've got connections
The Alesis QX49 includes both USB-MIDI and traditional MIDI ports for instant connection to Mac, PC - and MIDI hardware. The QX49's MIDI DIN jacks include one for sending MIDI data from the keyboard and another for routing MIDI data from a connected computer. The QX49 can also be powered using a wall power adaptor (sold separately) when not using a computer. You also get a sustain pedal input on the back panel.
The QX49 ships with Ableton Live Lite Alesis Edition software for performing, recording, and sequencing music right out of the box. With its traditional MIDI ports, the QX49 is also a great choice for controlling MIDI hardware. Integrating a computer into your live set? With its petite size and light weight, you can place the QX49 a tier above an existing workstation for streamlined optimization of your expanded road rig.
Alesis QX49 USB MIDI keyboard controller Features:
- 49-key keyboard controller for use with virtually all Mac and PC music software and MIDI devices
- Velocity-sensitive keys; modulation and pitch-bend wheels
- Eight faders for adjusting volume or synth parameters
- Four drum pads for triggering samples, loops and sequencing drums
- Eight knobs for adjusting pan position or any other parameter
- Six assignable buttons for triggering software controls
- USB-MIDI and traditional MIDI for use with Mac and PC, as well as MIDI hardware
- Includes Ableton Live Lite Alesis Edition for instant recording, sequencing, and performing
- Works with iPad via Apple USB Adaptor (sold separately)
- Bus-powered via USB, so you won't need a power cable.
Alesis QX49 USB MIDI keyboard controller Specifications:
- Number of Keys 49
- Type of Keys Synth-action
- Aftertouch No
- Number of Performance Pads 4
- Number of Encoders/Pots 8
- Number of Sliders/Faders 8
- Dedicated Transport Control Yes
- Other Controllers Pitchbend, Mod Wheel
- System Requirements Mac Mac OS X 10.5x, 10.6x, 10.7x
- System Requirements PC Windows Vista, 7
- Pedal Inputs 1 x sustain
- MIDI I/O In, Out, and USB
- USB Yes
- Height 3"
- Width 32"
- Depth 9"
- Weight 5.9 Lbs.
- Power Supply Bus Powered
- Manufacturer Part Number QX49.