Haken Audio Continuum Half Size MIDI Controller Keyboard
Haken Audio Continuum Half Size MIDI Controller Keyboard Overview:
Designed by Dr. Lippold Haken and manufactured by Haken Audio, the Continuum Fingerboard is a musical instrument that allows unprecedented realtime performance control. With a greater pitch range than a traditional 88 note Midi keyboard, the Continuum offers realtime continuous control in three dimensions for every finger that is placed on the playing surface.
Included internally is a custom designed user programmable synthesizer, specifically programmed to take advantage of the subtle and dramatic expressive musical possibilities of the Continuum.
- Version: Half-size (nearly 4 octaves)
- Three dimensional polyphonic playing surface.
- Internal sound generator specifically designed to take advantage of the expressive possibilities of the Continuum with up to 32 voice polyphony. Programmable via the Continuum Editor program.
- Highly optimized 16 voice Midi data output.
- Pitch resolution allows for seamless polyphonic glissandi and the ability to microtune intervals on the fly.
- Ultra-fast performance response regardless of polyphony.
- Configurable via surface interaction, external computer editor, or Midi input.
- Advanced communication to DSP hardware from Symbolic Sound Corporation.
- Internal pitch processing allows for optionally rounding finger positions to equal temperament, just, and user definable scales. This rounding is intelligent, accurately preserving vibrato and glissandi effects.
- Pitch processing allows for scalable and non-linear pitch mappings of the Continuum surface.
- Innovative dual pedal support, including "dynamic" sustain and sostenuto, allowing for continuous depth control of sustained notes.
- Mono modes which allow the user to use multiple fingers to step, retrigger, or glide between note ranges.
- Adjustable pitchbend range tailors the Continuum's response to your Midi sound device.
- Pressure and front-to-back can be configured for any Midi continuous controller message.
- Direct integration with the Continuum Voltage Converter (CVC) for control of analog synthesizers. Each of the CVC's 16 control voltages has a user programmable formula.
- Configurable Midi split for playing surface zone setups.
- Pitch Range (with conventional pitch scaling): Nearly 4 octaves (4610 cents)
- Pitch Resolution: Better than 0.1 Cents
- Maximum Polyphony: 32 simultaneous notes for internal sounds, 16 via Midi
- Scan Interval: 0.33 ms
- Interface: Midi, headphone, AES3, i2c for CVC
- Audio Output (Analog): 24 bit D/A, up to 5.1v p-p, 100 mW power
- Audio Output (Digital): 24 bit AES3, 48 or 96 khz sample rate or sync to AES3 input
- Audio Input (Digital): 24 bit AES3, sample rates from 32 to 192 khz
- Power: 40 watts, 110 or 220 vac
- Continuum Size [length/width/height]: 72/19/7.5 cm (28.5/7.5/3 in)
- Hard Plastic Case Size [length/width/height]: 86/28/16.5 cm (34/11/6.5 in)
- Flight Case Size [length/width/height]: 86/26/20 cm (34/10.5/8 in)
- Weight: 7.3 kg (16 lbs)
- Weight with Hard Plastic Case: 11.2 kg (25 lbs)
- Weight with Flight Case: 14.8 kg (33 lbs)